Wood Products Industry-Related Information
- Sources of Market Information for the Forest Products Industry
- US Forest Service Northeastern Area publications:
- A Planning Guide for Small and Medium Sized Wood Products Companies: Keys to Success
- A Marketing Guide for Small and Medium Sized Primary Forest Products Processors
- Social network media in the forest products industry: A look at a new way of marketing
- Value-Added Wood Products Marketing Guide for Manufacturers and Entrepreneurs
- USDA Forest Service, Cooperative Programs, Forest Products Conservation & Recycling, Pacific Northwest Region
- So you want to build a sawmill (J. Higgs, USDA Forest Service and T. Mace, Wisconsin DNR)
- Spreadsheets from the University of Wisconsin - SAWFEAS to assess financial feasibility of a sawmill, PROYIELD for sawmill yield analysis, and more.
- The Oregon Forest Resources Institute (OFRI) - dedicated to improving public understanding of Oregon’s forest resources and to encourage environmentally sound forest management through training and other educational programs for forest landowners.
- Dovetail Partners Inc. - a nonprofit organization that collaborates to develop unique concepts, systems, programs, and models to foster sustainable forestry and catalyze responsible trade and consumption.
- Forest Products Measurements & Conversion Factors, D. Briggs, University of Washington
- Oregon Manufacturing Extension Partnership - services to assist small to mid-sized Oregon manufacturers to become more competitive.
- Oregon Secretary of State - Starting a Business
- Business Oregon - Oregon Business Development
- Small Business Administration - Portland District Office
- Small Business Development Centers
- Starting a Business in Oregon - Oregon State Bar
- U.S. Patent & Trademark Office
- SCORE - Counselors to America's Small Business
- INVenture Business Planning Tool, from the Agricultural Innovation and Commercialization Center at Purdue University
- Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) - Grant program
- USDA SBIR program info